1.26.2010

Knocked Up!

So it turns out that I am super knocked up! I am full on 37 weeks pregnant. Which it turns out is technically FULL TERM! Also, I wish someone had mentioned that before like *now* because this whole time everyone has been saying 40 weeks is full term. And while I am more than ready to not be pregnant anymore I still have a few more things to do before Ellie gets here. Oh yes – that would be Eleanor Katy Berman. “Ellie in the belly” for now. ;-) And she’ll be here any minute!

So I thought – it’s about time that I get back on my blog so I could at least update everyone that Ellie is coming and also have a place to share our hilarious stories and awesome pictures. Thank you Heather (a co-worker that Dave simply calls “Cookie Girl” because she makes yummy cookies) for bringing to my attention that there needs to be a blog so that everyone can hear Courtney/Dave parenting stories. Plus it warms my heart when Dave says something embarrassing and follows it up with “Don’t blog that!”

So here are a few highlights I learned from pregnancy:

1. No one tells you just how swollen things can get. And I’m not just talking about fingers and ankles. Not. Cool. Not cool at all.

2. Everyone feels the need to tell you their birth story. It’s usually graphic and horrifying and can last anywhere from 15 minutes to AN HOUR. You are expected to nod and smile and oooooh and aaaaah and then at the end they always sum it up with “but don’t listen to what anyone tells you – just do what you want.” And what you want to do is punch them in the face. ;-)

3. Babies R Us makes me sweat and Dave knows how more of the stuff in there works than I do. How did that happen?

4. TUMS are my best friends.

5. I don’t particularly love pregnancy but I will do anything to love Ellie. And I’m just praying that that is the one thing everyone is right about – that when I hold her it will all be worth it.

So here we go…

1 comment:

Dave said...

I got two loud ass kids of my own. Do me a favor and keep your windows closed at night, k?

Seriously, Tina and I are very happy and excited for the both of you. Remember, ultimately, you're her mom and dad and you know what's best. Nobody gave any of us a rulebook in the beginning either. You will do awesome. OK, maybe you will. Dave still looks like a deer in headlights sometimes :)