5.05.2008

Charlton Heston Loves Kittens Too!

Over the weekend Dave and I took a little trip to Lancaster to go to an NRA banquet with my boss. Yes – you heard me – I said NRA. I am sorta used to the rednecks and whatnot so I thought it would be fun. And Dave is all into guns lately so he wanted to go too.

All in all it was a cool experience – you know peppered by white trash and things I wanted to be horrified by but couldn’t say anything until we got in the car. I documented a few things for those of you who did not grow up in the country and/or the Bible Belt.This is my boss James. He and Dave wore their cowboy boots. I made him pose like this.With your ticket you automatically get this giant ridiculous NRA pocketknife. Dude – not in my pocket is all I have to say.This is Dave re-enacting the Pledge of Allegiance. We said that and sang God Bless America and applauded the servicemen and police and firemen. It was very patriotic and my favorite part. I heart America a lot and even if it's not a popular opinion I get it that we need to defend our freedom.This was the auctioneer! He looked and sounded like Kenny Rogers. I love Kenny Rogers and I know every word to The Gambler. Good stuff!This was a buffalo head that made me want to cry. Also – you could win a trip to go bear hunting in Alaska. The guy selling the tickets told me all about the trip and when he was all done I was like “But the bear dies at the end right?” And he was like “Yeah.” And I was like “Later!”I really don’t think that a coat rack made from deer feet would go over well in LA.Perhaps you would like to win a shotgun in a raffle?Even the raffle tickets had guns on them.

I do have to say that everyone at the dinner was really nice and it even made me miss some of the idiots I know from home. Also - the guy behind us with the flask that kept yelling “Does she have big boobs???” whenever the auctioneer mentioned that a pretty lady was walking around selling raffle tickets was awesome. And I totally support everyone’s right to bear arms. I just wish that people didn’t need guns and killing so much. James did mention though that there is a demolition derby in Lancaster and I am all over that!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

WOW. Just... WOW.

Anonymous said...

Court, just an FYI, the deer feet "coat rack" is a gun rack. I love it. It would be so sweet in my den next to my stuffed baby seal.

ReGiNa said...

OMG! Before I read the caption, I was like, OMG you met Kenny Rogers and i was SOOOO jealous, but it wasn't. So...nevermind.

Anonymous said...

OMG a photo of two bison a white one and a black one..

very nice photo i copied it and will put in a funny montage in you tube ok.

will send link when done ,,thanx white buffalo.!!1