5.06.2008

Dave is a Pretty Awesome Husband.

Hey Everybody!

Okay so usually I post hilarious conversations that I have with Dave but today … today I gotta give it up. About a year ago I started harassing Dave about getting beach cruisers and I started telling him how we could bike to brunch on Sundays and how we could bike at the beach and wouldn’t it be like so fun?Dave’s reaction was mostly to be like yeah - whatever - sure - whatever you want - thinking that eventually I would forget about it. But I didn’t forget about it and this year I pretty much forced him into it. :) And here’s the thing about Dave … sometimes it takes him a while to realize that I won’t give it up and juuuuuuuuust about that time is when he totally gets on board and then he makes my day. So this weekend he voluntarily went to Sport Chalet and REI by himself, bought a bike rack, built it, and put the bikes on it without me even asking!We had plans to go to Huntington Beach anyway to pick up some Radiohead tickets this weekend so we brought our bikes too. The car ride was pretty quiet because we were both crossing our fingers that the bike rack wouldn’t fall off and we were reeeeeeeeally stressed about causing a pile up on the 405 but we totally made it and it was so fun! Also – we didn’t even have to wear our helmets because no one else was and we didn’t want to look like dorks. Insecure? Yes. Willing to look silly? No.Oh – but when we took this picture these skater kids came by and kind of mocked us for taking pictures of our bikes. Anyhoo – Thanks Dave for getting us bikes and building a bike rack and for basically caving to all the stuff I am always kind of coercing you into. And also – thanks for taking it seriously when I tell you that I am going to do things that are next to impossible and certainly slightly ridiculous. You know – like telling you I'm doing the mud-run thing when I won’t even go camping.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Your love makes me smile!

Danielle said...

And your bikes are RAD!