3.26.2008

The First Day of the Rest of My Life - No Seriously.

Day 1

So Dave and Erin and I survived our first day of boot camp! I cried a little when I was jogging but no one saw. It was more just sniffles. Because it was super hard!

And I felt a little dumb and didn't want to hold up anyone else. However, everyone was super supportive and soon my fear of getting kicked out for being too out of shape subsided and I did everything I could. The highlight was when the trainer said "You are all going to be sore but it will get better when your body knows what's coming." And I said "The only thing that my body thinks is coming is a log of Thin Mints" and therein lies the problem!

Also - I gotta say - Erin kicks some serious ass! To get me and Dave out there at 6 in the morning and be cheery and telling me how great I am when I couldn't even muster enough breath to squeeze out a "you too!" Geez! And did I mention that she also beat cancer's ass last year? (Hope I'm not getting in trouble for telling that – but seriously folks!) If Erin can do this with all of the other stuff she's beat and she's not even tired then I can run around the park 3 times a week. Oh and also Dave was yelling "I'M PROUD OF YOU" the whole time (when he wasn't cussing at Erin :) ) so he gets husband bonus points too!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I'M SO PROUD OF ALL YOU! (((hug)))