5.28.2007

Happy Memorial Day Everybody!



This weekend was pretty great!

Dave and I went to the Wild Animal Park in San Diego and we fed Rhinos and Giraffes and Bears Oh My! Okay we didn’t pet bears but we did get to feed Rhinos and Giraffes. And I will put up the pictures in my next post but today … is an ode to my dad.

My dad loves America! And not just on the 4th of July either. He puts up the flag almost every day he is home and he even had a special huge flagpole put in when he built our house. My dad lives for hanging out with the family, baseball, hot dogs, fireworks, and parades. I can remember when I was little going to the 4th of July parade in Benicia every year. Dad also loves Disneyland and the state fair too! Every year we went to the state fair and we walked and we sweated and we ate corn dogs until we couldn’t keep our eyes open. And then my dad delivered us safely to our beds at home.

My point is … that I have learned a lot from my dad. Like how important it is to pay your taxes and to do the right thing. Even if it ends up biting you in the ass, at least you will know that you did what you could. My dad means business and he doesn’t put up with any nonsense. But he also shows up with ice cream cones for skinned knees and buys everybody a sweatshirt when it gets cold at Disneyland so that you can stay until the last turn on the Matterhorn.

That’s why I thought of Dad this morning when I put out our flag for Memorial Day. Dave reminded me that we had gotten the flagpole holder so he put it up for me. (Pictured Above) My dad brought this flag down on one of my parents many trips to hang out and also bring me stuff. ;) It’s really awesome and is totally a dad flag because it even has an eagle on top! Thanks Dad for being so patriotic and always reminding me of what my part in this world is. I hope that we are half the parents that you two have been to Regina and I. You guys are the best! And I promise to make an ode to Mom post soon. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, court...you've got a little brown on your nose...